Tuesday, September 20, 2005

you, too, could be a part of the comment revolution...

so i had to bust out my fleece jacket this morning. it's a rite of passage i've decided. a true sign that summer is leaving and fall is beginning. next it will be the leaves. and depending on where you live, they either change colors to brilliant yellows and reds and oranges, or, as is usually the case where i live, they just get blown off the trees before they can look so fantastic. sigh. i'd love to live in new england for the fall. pennsylvania and jersey for 11+ years didn't really count. close, but not quite. temperature was 63 degrees this morning, the sun was obscured by the low cloud cover, and it generally looked like it should have been 8pm instead of 7:30am. sigh, again.

i don't mind fall. i actually really like fall. it's the oncoming winter that fall signals that i'm not crazy about. at least, i'm not crazy about the coldness. snow in general is a lot of fun.

7 comments:

Jackson said...

yeah, snow = good. I tell you what rite of passage I like. First Shorts Day.
I believe you that the leaves will indeed be leaving us soon. PUNS

Dwight said...

What is the comment revolution? I want my comments to revolve!

Kristi said...

comment revolution = making real comments!!

as in: respond to the question, "if you could write an ode to something, today, right now, what would be the object of your poetic affectation?" [hint, hint]

the comment revolution is about responding with substantial comments to substantial posts and questions. (for example, why did NO ONE respond to my thoughts on Iraq??)

Though I appreciate all comments, even if they err on the side of the inane and trivial, which is what 85% of my blog tends to be anyway. ;)

Dwight said...

I thought it was a new, improved, application of the "marquee" tag in html :-P

Anonymous said...

Come to NC. We had a cold front pass through last night and it is down to 89 degrees!!

Jackson said...

I didn't respond to your thoughts on Iraq because I don't like politics. The reason I don't like politics is because I can be counted on to be wrong about it, and I know this. If you get me into a conversation about politics, you can easily get me into a situation where my only two options are to 1) stick by my previous opinion like an idiot or 2) listen to reason and concede the point. This is always how it goes if I venture any political opinion whatsoever.

Dwight said...

heck, I'd settle for any kind of comments ms. popularity contest winner!