Tuesday, September 20, 2005

487.

Should I be disturbed??

I went to this "administrative professional" meeting today. they had someone from the fitness center talk about stress, different stretches to do everyday... there was a packet of handouts we got with an evaluation of "How stressed are you?" based on your LCU or life-change units.

So I got a score of 487.

They say research shows that people who score 150-199 LCU in one year showed a 37% chance of those stressors leading to illness or disease the following year; those scoring 200-299 a 51% chance; and those scoring over 300 a 79% chance.

Should I be worried??

(Can I help it I had 6+ vacations this year, changes in work, residence, financial situation, line of work, social activities, sleeping habits, etc etc etc??)

4 comments:

Jackson said...

well, do you feel stressed? If you don't honestly feel like you've been stressed with any frequency over the past however-long, then I wouldn't worry. And if you have been feeling stressed, then I wouldn't worry either. 'cuz if you've been feeling stressed, not worrying is a step in the right direction!
the research statistics don't apply to every single person ever, because you can't test every single person ever. there are factors other than the ones they test for. For instance, and this is just an estimate, but I'd guess that an affirmative answer on "I personally know the God of peace who loves me unconditionally and sent His Son to die for me" is worth a two-hundred-LCU reduction of your final score, at least.

Dwight said...

at least it isn't 457... then Ray Bradbury, or maybe 5ironfrenzy would get mad at you.

I wanna take that test...

Dwight said...

was it a paper test or an online one?

Kristi said...

paper, sorry. it wasn't that exciting.