Thursday, September 29, 2005

g'day mate!

There was an awesome thunderstorm last night. It woke me up, probably because my windows were open, and probably because rain was coming into my apartment and getting me wet... it took me a while to become cognizant and make the effort to close the windows because I thought the rain was somehow just in my dream... Fun times!

(I'm really going to miss having big, large windows that I can fling open at night to let the breeze join me in my slumber, with the sounds of crickets at dusk and birds at daylight... even if there is the occasional racket of the garbage truck ;)

This morning, there was an awesome skyline... there was very low, dark, cloud cover obscuring all sunlight... it made for a brisk and cold morning... No sunlight that is except for this one gaping hole that revealed, far away, further in and higher up, a light blue peaceful sky with brilliant white strips of clouds lit up by the golden sunshine...

All architecture and sculpture and photography pale in contrast to such creativity and splendor.

2 comments:

Jackson said...

5: agree strongly. Also paling in contrast are painting, poetry, and prose. Reality itself manifests the supreme ordering creativity of the Creator, which we as humans can only reflect.
Good to see you enjoying it too.

Chad B said...

I noticed that same sky this morning on my way to work. I was telling a friend about it just before I read your blog. The oranges and reds looked brilliant in the clouds. Lexington's downtown looked cool with some of the lights on in the buildings and the windows reflecting the sky. I enjoyed it rather well!