Monday, September 12, 2005

pocket of joy in a black hole of malaise.

Switchfoot releases their new CD tomorrow. Can't wait. And then their tour tickets go on sale... and I'm going to Cleveland with Rachel to see them... it has been way too long since I saw them last... I think they came to Ichthus in 1999... (I missed them when they showed up in 2001...)

If I knew this morning how poorly I was going to feel when I got to work, I might have called in sick. Fitful night o sleep last night, in part thanks to my dog, general malaise, overall feeling of "BLEH."

Chad asked me if I could be anywhere in the world right now, where would I be? I said I would be having an Americano at City Dock in downtown Annapolis, reading and discussing and people watching and sailboat gazing, and maybe someone like Freya or Lisa would be there with me...

Incidentally, Chad said he was standing outside the University here in Lexington sipping coffee with a friend and remarked he wished he was sipping coffee in City Dock in Annapolis right then.

What can I say, great minds think alike.

Plus, my brother-in-law is just plain awesome. Put it this way: he owns a bright blue pair of Saucony Jazz Nylon Suede shoes. They don't even make them in that color anymore. And they're my favorite shoe.

No comments: