Monday, September 19, 2005

i love the farmer's market.

a visit by Johanna and Sir Robert this past weekend made it really wonderful. We found ourselves doing a lot of driving around town, eating lots of good food, visiting bookstores and strolling along vine street at the farmer's market. the pumpkins and apple cider have appeared on the scene with the reliable colorful array of fruits and vegetables and strange characters with strange accents. but I consider it a great accomplishment to have gotten Johanna hooked on the place. spreading the farmer's market love...

highlight yesterday was driving after church in the evening, with windows rolled down, sunroof slid back, and the volume cranked up while "We Are One Tonight" sounded out from my speakers. Last night I spotted the moon, huge, hovering near the tree tops, full of its white cheesy splendor. I think the moon was trying to say something to me, but it got garbled in the wind as I hugged the curves of the pavement and I am left wondering what sublime notions the moon would have filled me with. Dreamy, lovely moon in a star speckled sky sighing with the descent of daylight... I could write a poem about you.

not sure the energy is here today for it... i wish i were sleeping, at home...

if you could write an ode to something, today, right now, what would be the object of your poetic affectation?

6 comments:

Chad B said...

An ode.... hmmm. First, it would be coffee. Ok I'm mostly kidding. My ode right now would have to be the smell of freshly mowed grass in the late Summer with just a hint of Fall coming soon mixed into the aroma.

Jackson said...

I would write an ode to hair. Dave and I had this agreement for like the past six years, that if one of us shaves his head, the other has to shave his head too. And while he was in Orlando he shaved his head. So I had to too.
And I'm missing my hair. I'm not used to being able to sense air currents with my scalp. It feels strange. And every time I see my reflection in a glass door or mirror, I'm all "It's the attack of the giant thumb aiieeeee!"
Also, hair in general is just really great, visually. It's great to draw and great to look at. Human beings, generally, just don't look themselves without hair on their head, which brings me back to my brother-imposed head-shaving. David, if you read this comment, I am really not liking this!

Jackson said...

oh yeah. and thanks for asking, Kristi. I think it's cool how you periodically have these little interactive survey question thingers.

Kristi said...

well hey, thanks for commenting, and being one more person helping to instigate a comment revolution on my blog!
so, kudos to you for being so cool and commenting... you and chad that is... who incidentally... also does not have hair... ;P

Jackson said...

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE HAIRLESS

Dwight said...

No, Johanna must be bald...

If I were to write an poetical ode to something right now... it would be my elbows... they are bringing me much pain, and like Baudelaire, nothing but pains and spleens drive me to poeticism...