Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Waiting around

so just for an update, my two interviews on Monday went well, and I have a follow-up interview on one of the jobs Friday. So maybe I'll be working next week! On the one hand, this is exciting because I can finally get my own place/have money/etc, but on the other hand, it's a real, full-time, M-F, 9-5, job. I anticipate it will be a big adjustment long term. When it's not over in 3 months as I was used to during summers, it might get tougher for me. We'll see.
random note: I've been made aware that a lot of people are not familiar with blogs. So, if you didn't get to see the photos of Alyosha, you'll have to click on the link that says "Archive" and search for them. They were on the earliest posts. To comment, click on the link under each post that says "comments"- there is often a number if someone has already commented. You can read comments and add comments. Furthermore, check out www.blogger.com - the main site with lots of helpful information, I'm sure.
I just had *more* visitors this week! The LT/Deborah/Josh/Emily caravan of "Whistlin' Dixie 'o4" dropped in for the night on Monday. I initiated a few of them for the first time to the 24-hour Steak N Shake (http://www.steaknshake.com). Yay! Though this has been an eventful month with so many visitors, I'm pretty sure they were the last of the visitors for a long while... I expect to be going it alone for a while. Perhaps I can take a trip to Annapolis this fall...
In other news, I'm waiting around! and waiting... and waiting... and forcing myself to do painful things like shop for work clothes and deal with sorority girls mobbing downtown for rush at UK. I'm even watching TV- shocker!- but I guess the Olympics is a good reason. Yay for crashing at Karen and Chad's to have a TV to watch- and good timing to be there with the Olympics- but yay again that when I move out, I won't need to watch TV ever, ever again!! (slight exaggeration)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the Dave asked:

Dude. What were the jobs were the interviews for?

Kristi said...

Re: Interviews.
One was with Ball Homes, a local family-owned construction co. for math/ accounting/ clerical/ estimating costs, etc. Could be good, but... it's not like I have an accounting background! The second one was with Tempur-Pedic, a pretty awesome mattress company which has its corporate HQ in Lexington. It would be data entry/ customer service/ clerical. Also good... plus I might be able to get a free mattress! sweet!

Anonymous said...

And the Dave said:

Dave STRONGLY approves of free stuff.