Friday, May 19, 2006

semi-surprise visit

I ate the last of my Lee's hoagies today. Yummy, and yet, sad... there are no more!

Last night Freya and her Romanian friend Andrea came into town to visit me! I had about 4 hours advance notice... they were driving straight from Santa Fe to Annapolis. We had dinner at Ramsey's, they got pie from Missy's, and then I took them to Common Grounds, my favorite coffee joint in town. We had a good time seeing each other. When I woke up this morning around 6:30am, I called Freya, and she was about 45 minutes away from Annapolis... the crazy girl drove all night (OK, that's not so crazy since I've done it too...) Actually, the girl is still crazy, and more than that, she's my hero: she is running a full marathon in Delaware on Sunday!!! I am sure Freya would appreciate prayers and support. :)

Running a marathon is one of those things that sounds cool and exciting to do some day, but in reality, would probably just be grueling and painful... and yet knowing that, I still want to train for one someday...

No comments: