Tuesday, August 16, 2005

huh, neat.

so. 5 minutes before i leave to trek out to my car in the rain, a co-worker (who i barely know, nice guy named Jimmy, great smile) calls and tells me he can't come to the luncheon, taking his son to the orthodontist or something. so he offers his umbrella to me. why he called me, why he offered his umbrella to me and not someone else, i don't know. but he did, and it was sweet. so i had an umbrella for myself and carpool companion Chitra.

and that was one huge umbrella. you felt like you were under a circus canopy.
i think that was pretty neat.

other exciting moment at work this week: making a co-worker happy by surprising her with some homemade hummus and pita bread, made personally by myself and friend Rachel. I felt really complimented that she liked it so much, but i can't take all credit: credit is due to Sarah Chavez who gave me the basic recipe that I just tweak a little here and there. It is some really good hummus.

Ironic, isn't it, that the best moment at work was completely and totally un-work related??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, sometimes the best joys of an otherwise typical day can be found in the little things. (for me, it's taking the small walk over to starbucks for a caramel frappuccino or hanging out w/ coworkers for no good reason.)

I have decided that I love those big umbrellas too. But amazingly, I still manage to get wet most of the time!