Tuesday, January 25, 2005

reminiscing

so I got my haircut for the first time in a long time. A co-worker
remarked to me, "I really like it Kristi, you look like you could be
20 instead of 16."

I was at small group last night and the hosts' 5 year old son was
going around saying different words that began with the letter 'P.' He
said 'Ponanza!' over and over again because he mixes up his 'P's and
'B's and meant to be saying 'Bonanza!'

There has been a lot of snow here in KY... my car had fun fish tailing
around my sister's neighborhood at every stop sign. But I still think
it is as cold inside my work building as it is outside. (I really
dislike the word 'office'... because I don't like offices) A friend
recommended I look into being a trucker. I mean, the travel/lifestyle
on the road fits my crazy experiences, but me, a truck driver? Hmm...
not so sure about that. I can't even drive stick shifts. Lets see,
what careers have people recommended for me now? Photographer,
writer, mathematician, pediatrician, 2nd grade teacher, midwife,
travel agent, high school teacher, campus minister, truck driver.
What the...?!?
But I'm thinking I'd be a great rockstar...
Who needs mid-life to have a crisis??!

there are girl scout cookies for sale this time of year in KY... I
couldn't resist. I remember being a girl scout and standing in
supermarkets to sell cookies. Those were the days... .. . I think
one of the main reasons they sell so well is because they are only
available one time of the year, so you pine all year long for them.
Secondly, because cute little girls in uniforms are selling them, I
mean, who can resist that??

and last but not least: Go Eagles! (any Philadelphia fans out there?)

7 comments:

Chad B said...

While I do think you'd make an amazing rockstar... what about a career in teaching truck-driving-midwifes??? Now THAT'S a new idea!

Chad B said...

And another thing... I got suckered into buying 7 boxes of girl scout cookies. 7 boxes! So what's your favorite kind??

Kristi said...

favorite: thin mints. but peanut butter patties are a close second. I also like carmel delights, but didn't get any this time... maybe I should though...

Jackson said...

Both "P" and "B" are bilabial plosives. The difference, however, lies in the fact that "P" is unvoiced while "B" is voiced. Other bilabials include "M" (a bilabial nasal) and the "F" in the Japanese syllable "fu" (a bilabial fricative). "V" and "F" are labiodental fricatives, the former being voiced, the latter voiceless. I am a showoff.
And speaking of showoffs! How long has it been since you tacked up some pictures? You should show off your haircut, your photography skills, or both.
THINMINTS THINMINTS THINMINTS (drool)

Dwight said...

Any other day of the year I'd be rooting against the Eagles, but:

1. As a Cowboys fan I wan't my division/conference to do well

and

2. The Patriots are freaking boring, I only root for them against the Colts...

Chad B said...

I will have plenty of caramel delights to share! I think I got two boxes of those. I used to crush up thinmints and put them in ice cream. mmmmmmmmmm. I can hear myself getting fatter :)

Dwight said...

So wait, did your co-worker think you were 16?