Tuesday, November 23, 2004

moments

I have many thoughts and reflections on my weekend in Annapolis. I miss it very much. "It" being both town and people, college and tutors, not to mention, the darkroom. But I will reflect some more and post about it at a later date.

I've had some conversations and read other's reflections about this phase in many of our lives- post- college, pre- our ideal career. And after hearing this song this morning, I thought I'd share some of its lyrics. It is good to realize that though there are many question marks, though I feel so easily defeated and downtrodden, some of the most important and altering moments in our lives are small and seemingly insignificant- they are moments, not one single grand unfolding of a great dream. I need to think on this more. Even if I seldom feel it.
on another note: the leaves of the captivating marvel of a tree by my apartment building were strewn along the ground.... alas, alack. But Christmas is approaching. I've had Joy to the World in my head since June. It'll be nice to sing it in church and with others, songs that should be sung year-round.

The Power of a Moment, selected lyrics by Chris Rice

What am I gonna be when I grow up?
How am I gonna make my mark in history?
And what are they gonna write about me when I’m gone?
These are the questions that shape the way I think about what matters
But I have no guarantee of my next heartbeat
And my world’s too big to make a name for myself
And what if no one wants to read about me when I’m gone?
Seems to me that right now’s the only moment that matters
You know the number of my days
So come paint Your pictures on the canvas in my head
And come write Your wisdom on my heart
And teach me the power of a moment
The power of a moment, the power of a moment

I get so distracted by my bigger schemes
Show me the importance of the simple things
Like a word, a seed, a thorn, a nail
And a cup of cold water
You know the number of my days
So come paint Your pictures on the canvas in my head
And come write Your wisdom on my heart
And teach me the power of a moment
The power of a moment, the power of, the power of, the power of a moment.

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Hey Kristi. Sorry to hear that you miss Annapolis so much, and all the stuff about it. But thanks for the words. There's Someone in the moments--Someone who's very powerful.
Eagerly awaiting more words in their proper time.