Monday, November 15, 2004

lo and behold!

well.
I had a fun weekend. Visited with friends, went to see Derek Webb (from Caedmon's Call) in concert at a little joint downtown... very good concert. He just came out with a new CD this week too. I think I might have to check it out...
Leo I have found out also has a hidden talent- I knew he was a monk in training, and an athletic director, but who would've guessed he's been getting pointers from the great Houdini? I put Leo in his kennel in the morning, I come home at night and he's romping around and wreaking havoc in my apartment. He's a little escape artist. Well... I hope I fixed this... had to find some extra locks. We'll have to see exactly how good he is at this escape business... ;)
other fun news: I'm driving to Annapolis Thursday night. so pray for my safe travel.... 8 hours is a lot. just 4 days of work... but then the holidays are practically here- hard to believe it's time for Thanksgiving! yikes...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the Dave said:

And lo, Kristi came to Annapolis, and there was much rejoicing.

Yay.

Anonymous said...

By the way, this isn't anonymous. It's Johanna, not wanting to take the 3 minutes to set up a "blog profile" or something sketchy like that. ;)

FIRST... Kristi, I figured it out!!! You would think I would have just seen the "Comment" button, but no. Sigh. Such is life I suppose.

Second, Kristi's coming to town!!! Yeah. (Now I have a question... am I supposed to be commenting on just what you wrote, or writing to you like IM, or writing to the world at large? I think I'll need a statement of purpose for blog commenting, or just some lessons from you about it. I guess I can check out other people's comments too. Hmmm.

Well, so much for my first blog experience. I probably mangled it quite badly, and I barely even mentioned you... or Kristi... or the girl whose blog this is... (see I don't even know what person to use!) Sigh.

Point is: Kristi's coming to Annapolis. I'm very excited. And I don't think I know who Derek Webb is, do I? And I don't even know if you can answer my questions... Help!!!

Kristi said...

J-
you are freaking out, yo! ;)
Your first blog experience went great, for all the world to see, hahaha.
Derek Webb= lead singer of Caedmon's Call, has now left to be on his own. Very cool guy.
Me= super excited to be in Annapolis and see everyone, though the 20 hours of driving involved is less than desirable...

Anonymous said...

anonymous=fred

Brett Bayer (if you remember him) recommended Derek Webb to me. And now, I recommend him to you. At any rate, his CD "She Must and Shall Go Free", is excellent. Um, linguistically and musically and theologically. The liner notes, of course, are important to understanding the CD.

"At any rate". What a curious phrase, particularly regarding a CD. Does that mean at any speed? Or at any price? [Both of those are funny to me. I actually just mean any-way.] Secondly, when I say "musically" I mean with regards to music, not with regards to musicals. In case you were confused. It seems like music-ly would be a better way to spell that.

On another note, if you do indeed remember Brett Bayer, remember him (in prayer) as he's deployed right now on his submarine.