Wednesday, June 21, 2006

the week's update.

My letter of invitation to study at the Minsk Linguistics University was mailed on June 2nd. I am now waiting for its - hopefully - safe arrival into my mailbox in the next 1-2 weeks. This is my CRUNCH TIME for support raising. As you see, I'm about halfway on my one time support, and only a fifth of the way with pledges. Hence, the phone calls... thus, I appreciate any prayer support offered up for me this week. I'm feeling a bit chaotic. Usually you'd describe your schedule or home as "chaotic," but no, the chaos is me. I meant what I typed. :)

Happy birthday to my friend Les. I didn't go to sleep until 2:30am thanks to a birthday related "prank" of sorts for the occasion. Heh... Ahh, the days of pranking back in college... many stories I could share, so inquire within if interested. :)

I am going to have an 80s dance party soon. I was more of a kid of the 90s then the 80s... I mean, how many 8 year olds really listen to the radio and buy music?? But either way... the early 90s sort of meld with a lot of the 80s stuff. SO... SURVEY TIME!! What are some of your favorite songs from the 80s and early 90s? The only artists I can recall listening to are MC Hammer, Paula Abdul, Tiffany, Vanilla Ice, NKOTB, Ace of Base, Weird Al, and a bunch of country that I got into thanks to a few of my Alabama relatives.... and most of those are probably 90s and not 80s. So I'm looking for your ideas.

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Oh boy, another survey! I love these things!
I didn't really listen to popular music at all until high school, so for me it was pretty much just Weird Al. My friend Web Hiller let me listen to his Green Day CD's on the bus, which I guess was my first taste of the punk-influenced music that I'd later come to enjoy. I liked the high energy and the overdrive guitars.
I remember my friends' music, though. Ace of Base was quite popular as early as elementary school, and I can remember hearing "I Saw the Sign" over the sound system on 6th grade field day. In 7th grade, all the girls got extremely into Oasis, who I guess most of the guys didn't care much about either way. Kris Kross enjoyed a brief brief period of popularity in 4th grade, and similarly, it never occurred to us just how laughable Vanilla Ice was.
I, for one, would definitely like to hear further prank stories. By all means, do tell us more of your uproarious shenanigans!