Tuesday, December 06, 2005

nightmare.

I had a nightmare two nights ago that I worked at McDonalds. I was the french fry girl, had to fill all the different sized envelopes with fries. Now which is worse: corporate america or McDonalds?? I think I have to go with McDonalds on this one.
1. It's the food industry,
2. It's the fast food industry,
3. The pay would be a lot worse

However life in corporate america at times still seems like a nightmare unto itself... Which may in fact work in me some serious motivation to make an escape plan...

Stay browsed for future posts on Belarus, Advent, phatic communication, community...

1 comment:

Jackson said...

"phatic communication?" what does that mean?

strangely, the year after high school that I spent working at Roly Poly was a very enjoyable year for me. I think part of it was that it really was food service, and the fact that I was part of an operation that fed a lot of people every day, if I approached it with a servant's attitude ready to do some stuff and keep busy for seven or eight hours, it was just really good. You know? God did some good stuff in my life and in other people's that year. And there's no room for arrogance when you're rolling sandwiches.
I dunno. McDonald's would probably be the death of me, though. It is as you say and as you have dreamed.