Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009!

I can't say my new year's celebration was the most eventful or crazy. It was rather subdued, but I enjoyed it. Seeing a few friends, and then ringing in the new year at midnight with 3 others whilst playing some board games.

As I look into 2009, I have many expectations, things I am *already* looking forward to!

My list of hopes & expectations for 2009 include:

+To get married!

+To become an aunt!

+To travel! (specifically, I hope to travel to Annapolis in April for croquet and to pick up a beautiful wooden rowing oar I am purchasing!)

+To have some more career changes, and pursue other avenues for income! (freelance photography and writing being foremost in my mind.)

+To grow in my knowledge and love of the Lord and other fascinating people He's put on earth!

+To read a few more books! (Some I'm eagerly looking forward to reading include: Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, Rainbows for the Fallen World by Calvin Seerveld, Demons by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Simply Christian by N.T. Wright, Works of Love by Soren Kierkegaard, and Between Noon and Three by Robert Farar Capon.
These are all after I finish a few currently in, like Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky, and Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne and Chris Haw. I'll also welcome reading companions for face-to-face or email conversations about any of these picks, so let me know if you are interested!)

2009, I'm glad you finally made it here. I sense you are going to be a *most* excellent year! May we savor every moment.

No comments: