Monday, May 21, 2007

wowza, it's HOT

I rolled out of bed at 7:15ish, after one particular kitty woke me up repeatedly since 5:15am... and I noticed the thermometer outside read... 29 degrees Celsius... !!! WOWZA!!! I was pleasantly astounded!

The only sad news was that the night before a friend's dog ate my flip flops, leaving me without shoes that allow for toe breathing. And my toes must breathe on such a day!! *sigh* I was resigned to wear my saucony's (usually not a resigned action, seeing as how they are some of my favorite shoes, but all the same... socks on a hot day is just not something to look forward to).

I did, however, spend about 4 hours walking around the city with a pal. This was after, mind you, I successfully ran various errands around the city by myself, which necessitated speaking in Russian, without internally freaking out. (Yes, this is big for me. ;) haha.) What a lovely day it was.

Today the city was celebrating the arrival of Iran's president. (No comment...)

I'm running again.

I've also realized I'm really not that much of a cat person. Infinitely prefer dogs. But a cat is still better than no living animal to have around...

Might be going to Russia soon... (sorry Lauren!) But I don't plan on shelling out any money to look at some dead freaky embalmed... ok you get my point...

I had a thought when I got on here, and well, ... it flew away somewhere... there's always next time I guess...

2 comments:

Dwight said...

Yeltsin is charging people to visit him now-days?

j/k

:P

a consumate Hokie said...

Careful.....