Monday, April 25, 2005

ICHTHUS

well the festival is over. it was an interesting year - there was sun, dust, rain, mud, lightning, and snow. Yes,... SNOW. What is wrong with Kentucky? It's 1 week from MAY... why the heck is it 35 degrees and SNOWING?! Needless to say, that was the only moment that it was sort of miserable. Jo and I decided to leave early on Saturday, around 8:45pm. We didn't really care to see Michael W. Smith anyway... lol. The sad thing was that Audio Adrenaline got cancelled Friday night due to the hour long+ storm that swept through. Other than that, weekend was loads of fun. Great music, great messages, great fellowship. Bands Jo and/or I made a point to check out included:
/Sanctus Real /Mali /Skillet /Newsboys /Charlie Hall /Relient K /Tait /By the Tree /Todd Agnew /Watermark /Selah /Chasing Victory /Hawk Nelson /Insyderz /Roper / The Elms /

so not too shabby.

and to share some good lyrics from a group I got to listen to, Roper (for all you FIF fans...), check it out below. (www.roperisdumb.com)

"Quicksilver"
On Friday night I came awake like an alarm clock
Some shaking junkie's begging out on the sidewalk
And I could not allow my eyes
to meet his deep fear that my soul may still betray me
As if my will had always kept me steady
as if I hadn't caved in already

[Chorus:]
Quicksilver, quicksilver
Shadows dodge and fade
something less than why we're made

This vacant emptiness,
this hollow is eating
stabs through my side like thorns, so defeating
The glint of gold, sparks of silver, shining
the slightest breath of why we're pining
We take the crumbs like our hearts are at peace
We are far too easily pleased

I need this burning inside me
this brilliant aura, this electricity
I'm being haunted by spectres of what might be
of imperfections, of nearness to beauty
As life butchers, so sweet yet so sickening
we have betrayed, for each tiny flickering

5 comments:

Jackson said...

We live
We die
To amplify

Dwight said...

that link didn't work for me

Dwight said...

but there is a google cache, so i guess the site is just down...

Jackson said...

incidentally, my friend Sean introduced me recently to a band called Mae, who he said would be playing at Ichthus. Did you check out Mae?

Kristi said...

Mae? nope, never heard of them, didn't know they were there either. they might have played at the independent stage which i never went to.