Wednesday, February 08, 2006

frozen smoothies.

I'm finding out the wonder and convenience of frozen smoothies. I was already making smoothies on occasion, but sometimes it is inconvenient to do so in the early morning... it's noisy and might wake my roommates, and most mornings, I'm running late because I delayed getting out of bed. I experimented the other day with making a smoothie in the evening, and then popping it in the freezer overnight. I must say, wow! It is just as good, if not better. Then I stretch breakfast out over the course of my entire morning, which has to be good in terms of keeping my metabolism up. It also shaves 15 minutes out of my morning stuff-to-do. This morning's concoction: peach, banana, strawberry. Yum.

Last night, I cooked homemade baked mac n cheese... mmmm... it's my absolute favorite. So apparently I'm moving up in the world... while, apparently, none of my friends cook either. (No feedback on recipe/food suggestions) :P Saturday I am hosting the aforementioned cooking club. It is an Italian themed dinner, and I am tackling tiramisu. Yikes!

Tonight, I am going out to eat at a local restaurant, Natasha's Cafe, which appears to be a quirky mix of Mediterranean and Eastern European fare. Their specialty is Turkish coffee. Mmm.

I was commenting on the fact that for such light fare on a blog post, I should then turn to something serious, like Iran and the nuclear threat... but when it comes down to it, I just don't have much to say about it. So it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you'd like, you're welcome to come over for lunch after church this Sunday. It probably won't be cooking club worthy, but I hope you'll like it. ;)