Monday, August 01, 2005

something about last night.

The pavement eases under my footsteps, glides by as I glide on.
A breeze lilts on by, but the humid air clings to my skin
Climbs down my throat, caught in each breath.
Twilight traps the sky, stars twinkle in space above and in my eyes
Looking forward lose their sparkle. A cloud rumbles in, my mind reacts,
Snatches at it, but intangible cloud clammers and coughs, capturing cognizance
In the grey. Stale breath in my lungs, disgustedly I exhale, and like an asthmatic wheeze
I suck in my smoky passions and reign in enflamed thoughts.
Chomping at this bit, digging into my stamping soul, mane clinging to soaked head,
Tossing indignation. Inhaling greyness, puffing lungs, leaving hunger grumbling
Inside. Daring to dive through the dark, despite fearsome and formidable foes,
Spite spit at resigned resolutions, and taking in earnestness
The hunger cloud and spitfire spirit, feeble offerings to my galloping soul,
Searching for solace and sparkle to light my eyes again.
Embers exhumed, fearfully feeding flames for glorious gander into divine designs. Resistent to fatigue and failure. Gravelly ground glides by as I gristle on.

No comments: