Tuesday, March 17, 2009

birds chirping.

Birds chirping just outside in a small courtyard. Just far enough away, beyond the blinds that shield out the sun's rays, to tantalize with their melody. Spring lures me to herself, away from this electrical box of plastic and metal and glass that I must face in silence. A screen stares back at me, and it might as well be blank. My energy is focused on the interior of my heart and mind. Changes have come and will continue to come. I have a roommate now who is the most gentle, funny, loving and perfectly created and formed being for me. I may soon find out about another living being, a little girl, half a world away in the heat of Africa that may soon become part of my extended family. What joy has come, and yet what more joy awaits. With the birds chirping just outside in a small courtyard, I cannot tear myself from their song and enchantment. Spring, life, newness; song and dancing. The sense of sitting at a desk befuddles me when so much awaits on the other side of this blinded windowed wall. Walls cornering me into a building sunk halfway in the ground, windows beaming across asphalt lots, leaving me yearning for release.

No comments: