Tuesday, October 28, 2008

help, someone? (and no, i'm not bothering to ask obama or mccain)

the presidential election is one week away. pretty hard to believe. and i am becoming convinced that none of the political candidates for any party deserve my vote. i am unconvinced that any of them have the "kingdom values" that i have. so it becomes a decision of either aligning myself with a candidate with whom i dislike but dislike slightly less than the other candidates, or aligning myself with the only person to share my values, Jesus. if anyone has a convincing argument on why i should align myself and give my vote to another messed up human being who will, like every president before and to come, mess up our country and world more, feel free to share. i just feel like rebelling and not voting for unworthy candidates.
if it's about choosing the lesser of two evils, tell me, why even bother choosing an evil, albeit lesser? seriously now. i am on the fence about even voting in this election.
i'm also reading an interesting book, Jesus for President, which I am sure is not helping my undecided-voterness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am horrified that this got no comments. Sad to say I did not see it in time. I am planning to read Jesus for President and hope we can share thoughts on the book.

Even if you hold mediocre opinions of the candidates presented, please vote. I am resisting commenting on the outcome of the election lest I cause a derail of the actual topic.

Cousin Kevin

Kristi said...

i did vote, even if i was ambivalent about it.

oh, and there was quite the conversation. my blog posts import as notes into facebook, so the conversation ended up happening over there instead. I am sure you can check it out for yourself.

Jesus for President is a very interesting book. Just artistically speaking, very well done. content wise, also very good and thought provoking.