Thursday, November 03, 2005

i broke down

and finally went to a UK basketball game. Hard to believe, huh? Going to a UK men's basketball game live at Rupp Arena is just something I had to do at least once before I skip town. I am not sure what else is on this unwritten list of things to do while I live here, but maybe I should just starting packing my bags now...

oh wait. where would I go? schnickeys.

Seats for the game were about 8 rows back from the student section, lower arena, right behind one of the goals. Pretty fun. Right by the band. I invited my brother-in-law who is lonely with his wife out of town until tomorrow. Good times. I think my favorites are Sparks and Rondo, but that's really unoriginal seeing as how they are the leading players anyway. Well, it's not like I know that much about basketball. Basketball at St. John's sure was nothing like this... ;)

6 comments:

Jackson said...

"schnickeys?" how do you pronounce that?

Dwight said...

kristi: careful how loud you say that...

jackson: you need to watch some black sheep/tommy boy

Jackson said...

actually, that was just my overly subtle way of pointing out that the way Kristi spelled it, it looks like it should be pronounced to rhyme with "hickeys." I know how it's pronounced; gosh.
try "schnikies."

Kristi said...

get your mind out of the gutter, jackson. it's not meant to rhyme with "hickeys." :P

and i'm keeping my spelling. haha.

glad to see you're UK FANS!!!
(cough cough)

Chad B said...

Much fun was had. I only wish you could go when we play a much better team or rival... That's when it gets crazy. Thanks for the grand time and good conversations :)

Jackson said...

I was just trying to help, and look what I get! first insinuations that I'm culturally illiterate, and then accusations of gutter-mindedness! next time you misspell some slang, I'm totally just going to let it slide.