Wednesday, June 15, 2005

it's an odd year. 23 that is. summer has weird weather. big, dark storms sweep through and disappear moments later.
i had a wonderful weekend. flowers from laura on friday blew my cover at work... now they're trying to devise a way to make it up to me. visit from joseph all weekend was fabulous. how i miss the unexpected and surprising conversations and moments. truly delightful. i even tried a bourbon ball. how i missed having that while being from kentucky is beyond me. it's not like i avoided trying one like karen who avoided trying ale-8 for years and years. ahh, the stubborn meadors.
now it's back to paper pushing and pebble punching or whatever ingenious phrase you come up with to refer to the daily office grind. and i longingly gaze out the window.

4 comments:

Jackson said...

I'm a bit puzzled. In what sense were you trying to stay undercover at work? How would flowers from Laura blow this cover? And what, exactly, is the "it" up which they're trying to make to you? We eagerly await your answers to these inquiries.

Stay stubborn,
Jackson

Dwight said...

also could be signed:

Stubbornly Ignorant,
Jackson

Jackson said...

ignorant, yes. But I'm trying to rectify my ignorance by asking questions. I'd hardly consider that stubbornly ignorant.

Kristi said...

the 10th was my birthday, and i wasn't telling my co-workers.
guess i wasn't telling my fellow bloggers and readers either, ha!