Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Rainy day.

So as it turns out, after a frustrating few days of having my second interview rescheduled 2 or 3 times, the interview was cancelled altogether. Someone else internally took the job that was open. So no free mattress for me, sigh. I’m disappointed- to say the least- but I also know that I just have to continue to pray and hope in God. I feel like I’m back to square one.
This weekend was a mixed bag of experiences. Saturday I babysat, which is a rarity for me. Needless to say, I survived, although I was exhausted by the end of the day. I’m just not good with kids. I can’t see the perspective of raising children being a meaningful and kingdom-impacting vocation. I know it is the toughest job- hence why I recoil at the thought of it happening anytime soon- but I haven’t made the leap to seeing it as an enjoyable job. Guess God has his work cut out for me, haha. So anyway, why am I talking about this??
As for my Johnnie self, I am using my Greek NT at church, and it’s extremely helpful to follow along during Scripture readings. I can tell my memory is getting really refreshed. Maybe I can start bringing my Hebrew OT to church too, but I guess I need to figure out first how to navigate through it with ease. I’m not quite there yet; I’m slow with pronunciation, both aloud and reading silently. I really do miss language study, and the people I studied with (Laura! Anton!)… Plato’s Apology is still waiting for me to finish it….
Sunday we took the puppy dogs to Veterans Park, and we made the discovery that Leo likes to play in the water! This is contrary to Bailey’s disposition, but after our coaxing and Leo’s display of excitement, we got Bailey to cross the stream that Leo was romping around in. He weighs 21 lbs. now, and I can tell that he has definitely grown. I’ll post more photos if I get the chance.
Apartment hunting is slow and discouraging… and barely off the ground. There are not many places in my ideal price range, or in my ideal location. I wanted to be near downtown, or near the UK campus, so that I could walk to some places. Sort of like Annapolis, minus the water, the historicity, and my friends. Ok so not like Annapolis at all. (But at least I could be near a coffeeshop, used bookstore, restaurants, and a park. Better than nothing!) My second choice of location is to be near my church (which is not downtown), so that I could walk to church on Sundays and be close by to visit/help out. There is also a soccer field at my church, so that would be nice to visit during the week. (on a related note: I found a friend who wants to kick around with me. There might be soccer leagues in town, but I probably won’t join or look into it because I don’t have the time to commit to it. So kicking around is good enough for me; besides, it wouldn’t be the same without Mr. P!) There are a few apartment complexes near my church, but again, I’m not sure they are in the price range. Pickings are slim. It surprises me to learn that so many of the locations I’ve looked at are bad areas of town, with frequent break-ins and such. So hopefully I can stay away from all of that.
So I'm not feeling great. A bit stressed and overwhelmed. Definitely strained... and drained... and I'm not even working yet! Yikes. I used to think that talking to people cheered me up. Um, not so much. I don't know why. Oh well. Rain, rain, rainy mood, go away...

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Well, Kristi, I desire for you peace of mind and less strain and drain, which it is not within my power to give, and this causes me to pray. Hope things look up for ya--and I can say with 100% certainty that eventually they will.