Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 thanksgivings

+I am thankful for 5 wonderful months of concluding my ministry in another country

+I am especially thankful for my relationships with Anya and Dasha, and sharing my heart and knowledge of God and the Bible with them

+I am thankful for nearly 16 months of a wonderful adventure with Trevor

+I am thankful I had the opportunity to travel to Hungary

+I am thankful I had the opportunity to return to Belarus in November and also spend time in Lithuania and Germany

+I am thankful that I have been able to donate blood again State-side

+I am thankful that I was able to celebrate Christmas this year with my family and many new wonderful people who will soon be called my family as well

+I am thankful for my Labor Day vacation in Washington, DC and Annapolis, MD with 3 wonderful people

+I am thankful I got to take Anya and Trevor to my favorite beach

+I am thankful for having had the chance to reconnect with many family members and friends far away, after long stretches of time apart - the Johnnies in Cincinnati, DC and Durham; Rachel; Jennifer; Joseph; Molly & Nate; Vita; Lauren & Eian; Robert; Andrei; the Belarusians; family in Alabama...

+I am thankful for friends who were married this year - 4 weddings which I was able to attend, and 6 weddings (2 Belarusian weddings) which I could not attend

+I am thankful for friends who welcomed little children into their lives this year, or who will soon! And of course, that their little ones are healthy and bringing joy to their parents.

+I am thankful for the excitement over engagements - my own and those of at least 2 of my dear friends

+I am especially thankful that the Lord has been faithful to sustain my family through much change, and fills us with joy and hope over the future

+I am very thankful for being healthy, and for my family and friends also being healthy

+I am thankful for a whole summer that I was given to serve Anya while she sojourned here in America

+I am thankful for my grandmother who is about to turn 98!

+I am thankful for my few, new friends in Kentucky

+I am thankful for old friends who are intentional to keep in touch with me

+I am thankful for friends who celebrated Advent with us, and for the Lord making our time sweet and meaningful

+I am thankful for work to pay my bills

+I am thankful for opportunities I have for photography, and sharing this hobby with others

+I am thankful for people who read and comment on my blog, people who care about me, who call me up and ask me how I'm doing. I especially am thankful for those who sent me mail and called me while I was still in Belarus. I am thankful for having felt loved.

+I am thankful for joy-filled surprises this past year

+I am thankful for my dog, Alyosha!

+I am thankful for the Lord's help and protection for my friends in other countries

+I am thankful for the generosity of others showered upon me this past year

+I am thankful for the roof over my head, the warm bed I have to sleep in (yay IKEA!), and food for the table

+I am thankful for all the travel I experienced, and that I was kept safe and secure through it all

+I am thankful for the wonderful music I've been able to enjoy live this year, mainly, Over the Rhine

+I am thankful for those who share my joy and excitement for my upcoming marriage, those who support me in this venture, for those who love Trevor just as they love me, and those who see God's goodness and plan in bringing us together

+I am thankful for every prayer that was prayed on my behalf and the people who prayed

+I am thankful for new experiences

+I am thankful for the churches I have enjoyed being a part of in Belarus and Kentucky. I am also thankful for the individuals who I can gather with every week for fellowship and Bible study.

+I am thankful for God giving me the blessing of being a part of the Kingdom come in Belarus and at home in the States

+I am thankful for Jesus and His love and mercy showered over me and granted to me day by day!

1 comment:

tdurbs said...

A good list. A good year.

I need to start working on mine.

I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store.