Thursday, September 18, 2008

fridge o beer.

I opened my fridge today wondering what I could have for dinner. I was limited based on what was available.... milk, eggs, bread, jellies, butter, ... I settled on french toast... a childhood fav. It was then I realized as I glanced in my fridge, that while foodstuffs were sparse, it was the fridge o plenty when it came to alcohol...

My stockpile at this moment includes:
Rolling Rock
Corona Light
Shiner Bock (my favorite)
Yuengling (thank you Trader Joe's in NC!)
Hoegaarden (thanks Michael & Rebekah!)
Boddingtons

I have Mexico, Belgium, St Louis, Pennsylvania, Britain, and Texas represented in my selections. (I also have bottles of the non-alcholic Ale 8-1, a local favorite.)

In addition, I have 6 bottles of wine, 5 of them the "3 buck Chucks" (Charles Shaw) recently purchased at Trader Joe's in NC. Mmm.

Why KY does not have Trader Joe's is beyond me.
Why KY does not import Yuengling, apparently a strictly east coast beer, is also disappointing.
(Why KY also does not import the most amazing ROOT beer, Henry Weinhard's, is also a major letdown in my life.)

I swear I'm not an alcoholic even if it does run in my family... I just love beer. As much as I love Americanos...

So who is coming over to drink with me? :)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

So am I reading you right that the Cincinnati Trader Joe's doesn't carry Yuengling? I'm hoping to hit Trader Joe's up there sometime soon and am always looking for good beer.

Have you tried the Hoegaarden? If you like Blue Moon, you'll love Hoegaarden.

Dwight said...

Hoegaarden was the fav beer of the guy I stayed with in the Netherlands.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Yuengling in Texas. Have you tried upper end grocery stores?

Kristi said...

Hoegaarden is good... a little different, and I do like it. I also like Blue Moon...

As for Yuengling, I was at the Trader Joe's in Cincy just yesterday and can confirm that NO, there is no Yuengling... it is a strictly east coast beer. The list of distributors is listed here: http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm
Looks like none in KY or OH, but our neighbor TN has some distributors...