Monday, August 14, 2006

time keeps on slipping...

time feels like it just keeps on slipping away... I am on a bit of a countdown. in almost exactly 1 week, I will be beginning a new journey... heading overseas, studying Russian, meeting new people, living in a new culture... Before embarking on a trip, there is this element of surreality. Unable to grasp the pending actuality of being in a new place and seeing new things... I felt this while sitting on a plane headed to Costa Rica back in 2000. It was one of my first international travel experiences. Though I was on the plane, virtually en route, I couldn't grasp at that moment what standing on Costa Rican soil would be like. Likewise, I know about the country I am going to. I have been there before. I have walked along the downtown streets, rode on the metro, toured universities, taken pictures... but to live there for 1, 2 years?? I cannot grasp this pending reality. There is nervousness and there is excitement. There is joy and apprehension. But no matter what, there is always one constant factor: the Lord is with me wherever I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its really odd for me too, even though its only for about 1/12th as long.

Anonymous said...

hey, congrats on almost getting all the funding done. that is just great!

I wanted to mention that there is a cool program called skype (great int'l call rates + you can set up a local Lexington number where people can call your computer in Belarus) that does great with internet calls so long as you have a normal wifi/high speed internet connection. Bekah and I have used it a number of times since we've been gone.

Anonymous said...

Я пишу на русском языке, так как я понимаю, что Вы только слушаете русский язык теперь. Я желаю, чтобы Вы пересмотрели бы. Я люблю Вас. До свидания,
Папа